An average guys movie criticism.

Stuff will be spelled incorrectly. Grammar will be poor. You wanna fight about it?!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs the World


We went to grab a movie Friday night. We came home with 2. Scott Pilgram vs the World, and *sigh*.. Sex in the City 2.

It ended up being a busy weekend so we didn't get around to watching one until sunday afternoon. We watched SPVTW.

SPVTW was great. I loved it. Its a movie that leans more on special effects than story. Which depending on how you look at it, isn't really a bad thing. Its a typical young love story (boooorrrriinggg). However, its the imagery that's makes it.


I'm going to keep this one simple. If you played a ton of SNES, you'll probably like the movie. If you don't know what SNES is (shame on you), you probably won't.

Score. I'll give the story a .3. The characters a 3. The imagery a 5.
So thats a 8.3 / 10.

Ps.. Effing blockbuster lowered the rental time for new releases from 4 days to 3. Which sucks. So we ran out of time to watch Sex in the City 2. I'm sooo bummed... WHY GOD WHY!?!

:)

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to trust your judgement on this one and rent it over the weekend. Besides- you can't go wrong with anything Nintendo related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot of snes music / noises. I actually watched it twice. Let me know if you liked it.

    ReplyDelete